14.jpg

Umani Ronchi

Plenio Verdicchio DOCG Riserva

FEATURES: Verdicchio wine 100%. First year 1995

Production area: Marche Castelli di Jesi

Plenio is the Verdicchio Riserva Umani Ronchi, a type required by the production regulations that requires a minimum aging period of 18 months, of which at least 6 are bottled. The name, from the Latin Plenum, wants to suggest the characteristics of fullness, complexity, and structure. It is a wine that can be appreciated for its long persistence and for the richness of aromas and flavors, which combined with its great elegance, make it unique. The first years were produced from a plot of the Villa Bianchi vineyard, today Plenio is the expression of a vineyard located at a higher altitude, near the village of Cupramontana, in one of the areas historically most suited to the production of Verdicchio.

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: Il Vigneto The vineyard, planted in the early 90s, is exposed to the east, and is located between 250-300 meters above sea level. The soil, which dates back to plio-Pleistocene formations, is characterized by being very deep, clayey, with a rather low fertility and therefore very suitable for the production of quality wines. The yield is about 70-90 quintals per hectare. Harvest It is done by hand, with the grapes harvested and transported in crates. Normally it takes place between the end of September and the first ten days of October, when the grapes have reached the optimal balance between acidity and sugar content. Vinification After a soft pressing, the must is suddenly cooled and then decanted in a static way. The fermentation takes place for 60% in steel tanks, at a controlled temperature, between 16 and 18 ° C, and lasts for 10-15 days. The remaining 40% is fermented in 50 hl oak barrels. The wine carries out the malolactic fermentation on a 10-15% of the total mass. The refining phase lasts about 12 months, during which the wine remains in contact with its own yeasts in the same fermentation containers. The Plenio completes the refinement with a further 6 months in the bottle. Available format 0,75 lt. Bottle

Combinations: Stuffed pasta, roasted white meat, roasted fish.

Serving temperature: 12-14 ° C